We share your excitement about igniting your new candle, but let's put safety first. An open flame can be dangerous if not supervised properly. Please take a moment to carefully review the following guidelines:

Before Burn:

  • Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. 
  • Avoid drafts, vents or air currents.
  • Do not burn for more than 1 hour.
  • Make sure to trim the cotton wick to 1/4 of an inch.

During Burn:

  • Keep candles out of reach of children and pets. 
  • If you experience any kind of sooting or if the flame gets too high, extinguish the flame, trim the wick, and reignite.
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. If you are going to leave the room or go to bed, be sure to extinguish all candles first.
  • Refrain from touching or moving a burning candle, especially when the wax inside the container remains liquefied.
  • Place candles far from flammable items like furniture, books, drapes, and clothing to avert potential fire hazards.

When Extinguishing:

  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle as it’s the safest way to prevent to put out a candle flame.
  • Do not use water to extinguish a candle.
  • Confirm that your candle is fully extinguished.
  • Refrain from touching or shifting the candle until it has completely cooled.